Thursday, July 15, 2004

SOMETHING NEW TO ME

I had an interesting experience this week. Someone who I'm close to led me to go to a meeting for people who live with, or are close to, drinkers. It wasn't what I expected.

After leaving the meeting, I spent some time thinking. If you had asked me last week, I've have said that I wasn't affected by the drinking. Others were more directly affected, because of their proximity to the person.

After the meeting, I wasn't as sure. In my case, I'd avoided dealing with that person for some time. While I wasn't physically present, the situation had affected me by causing me to withdraw. Withdrawal has come to be a typical response to difficult situations.

I'm going to go back. I think I have a lot to gain by it.

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...