Wednesday, July 21, 2004


I have to make a decision soon. I've been offered a temporary job in a good local school system, filling in for a teacher on maternity leave. If the teacher returns as planned, I'll be back on the streets by December 14th.

The current hiring situation in my neck of the woods is grim. There are VERY few elementary jobs, and only a spattering of middle and high school jobs. I'm licensed in science, computer technology, and history, so, normally, I have little trouble finding work.

Not now. I have to decide whether to take a short-term job, and risk losing out on a full-time job if one opens up, or, to risk not working at all.

I'm leaning toward taking the job. After all, a bird in the hand...

But, it's keeping me up nights.