Thursday, January 22, 2004

WHO AM I?


I'm a native Clevelander, 52 years old, a former teacher who is taking a temporary break to finish my master's. After over 10 years of teaching science to students from grades 7 through 9, it was either take a break, or commit myself to the rubber room. The kids weren't the problem, it was mostly the administration.

My views were solidly liberal until 9/11. That day, I had two children in the military (Navy and National Guard), and the attack seemed intensely personal.

Since that day, I've gradually shifted to a more conservative slant. That change has been tough on my husband, who still is a firm political liberal. On social issues, our thinking is not that much different, leaning toward the right. We have been influenced by the experience of owning our own business. No working businessowner can afford to be a die-hard liberal.

I've been married for 30 years to the same man. I have 3 grown children, and 2 grandchildren.

Hobbies:

  • Knitting
  • Computer work
  • Swimming
  • Reading
  • Writing - I recently re-started a book I began 10 years ago. My goal is to finish by the end of the year. To get back in the habit of writing, I started a blog (this one).




UPDATE

I spent some time on the Right We Are! blog, until it vanished into the ethernet. Knock on wood, I am poised to get my Master's on May 15th.

I'm at a crossroads. I need to find employment, soon. But my asthma has kept me under the weather for the last month. Today, it appears to be under control. So, I may be going around town, looking for work after today.

My daughter's National Guard unit is currently looking for volunteers to go to Iraq. If they don't get enough soldiers to make their quota, they'll impose a lottery. Naturally, I'm holding my breath. She has two children, the youngest just over 1 year old. She only has about 10 months left to serve.

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...