Wednesday, December 10, 2003

WINTER AMBIVALENCE




I live in Cleveland, OH. Most of the time, Cleveland's climate is great - seldom too hot, muggy only for brief periods in August, and fall is incredible, with the maples turning colors.

Then's there's winter.

I'm 52, and each year gets more challenging. I can predict a change in the weather better than Dick Goddard, thanks to old injuries. Days like today make staying in bed all day a serious option.

This winter has been predicted to be REALLY bad - cold, snowy, wet, and miserable.

On the other hand, I would miss seeing the change in seasons if we moved somewhere with year-round sunshine. And then, there is that whole "bug thing". I've seen the insect life of the South, and it's intimidating.

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...